Friday, August 1, 2008

Proud to be Pinoy

This week, i caught a full bus on my way home from work. Thankful for my size, I was able to squeeze a seat between two huge guys. The aisles were full with people standing just to get home fast on a rush hour.

The guy near me went down two stations after so I assumed the woman standing in front of me will take his seat. But before she did, she actually asked the guy beside her if he wants to sit down. Uh-huh! This is Australia and equality is heavily practiced here. If this scene was in Pinas, the girl would have automatically sat down. Kasi, that's what we are taught at home and in school, right?

The guy apparently declined the offer because the girl sat beside me. Alas! When I looked up, the guy was actually Filipino! Kaya naman pala eh...I couldn't contain my smile. I was so proud of my kababayan. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog