Saturday, August 9, 2008

First Sundays

Every first Sunday of the month, Filipinos sponsor the 12noon mass here in the Catholic church which is just a five minute walk from our house. The church is usually full during this time ,with Pinoys flocking this part of the globe.

I remember so well the day we arrived Sydney. We just dropped off our things and hurried to catch the first sunday mass. I had goosebumps all over as I sang to the Tagalog religious songs being played. And when "Bayan Ko" was sang at the recessional, the tears were falling down already. I had to stiffle a giggle as hubby loudly sang with much gusto, even putting a hand on his chest, throwing me a knowing glance. Haha!

After mass, free lunch is served at the convent's social hall - a rather welcome treat for those who badly miss Pinoy food. This is also a good time to meet fellow Pinoys who are living around the area and of course, a good venue to remind kids of their roots. I've been told that on special ocassions, lechon (roast pig) is also served. Wow! I am now counting the days to the next big event. I terribly miss lechon already!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog