Monday, August 18, 2008

Praying for Peace

Sometimes, we really do not mean the things we say, except when circumstances hit too close to home---literally.

My sister emailed me at work this afternoon, saying that a group of MILF (Moro Islamic Liberation Front) men torched the nearby town-just 20 minutes away from where my parents established our home. I immediately called to check on my folks but they sounded okay. They have made their exit plans and apparently, only my mother was supposed to leave town, while Papa will stay behind to defend what they have worked hard for all these years. I was aghast at first, thinking what could be more important than life? But I remember the same thing happening a few years back, Papa was adamant that he will fight for what they have until his last drop of blood. And I agree with him, we should not make it easy for these fools and scurry away at the slightest attack of terrorism. So i called hubby to refresh my Papa with some basics, hubby having the proper training in this situation.

Later in the day, I was told that the MILF has withdrawn from the town but only after burning some houses and killing a few hostages. Sad.

This had been a traumatic experience for my townmates, family and relatives. I know they cannot sleep well tonight thinking that this could happen again.

As for me, I have never really prayed as seriously for world peace as I did today.

4 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

alright, will start praying tonite for peace...God answers prayers when each of us do our part to intercede to Him.. pray for protection and His control over such situation.. hope yr family is alright ... God bless

Nel said...

Wow kaisog sa imong Papa sis uy! grabe!! Belated happy bday daw kay Arman from Juls and Jake hehehe.. Naay email address si jake na gihatag. Ako na lang iemail ang add sa imo or leave it in your YM

Insights from the Grocery Cart said...

These past few days I have been dreading to watch the news. I cry every time they feature Mindanao. Haay. And Ompong is in Zambo City now.

Carol

Tuttie said...

reanaclaire-tnx we really need all the prayers we can get. situation is getting better there now.

marns-isog gyud sis!pirti nako kaliwat hehe tnx daw. regards to juls and doc jake :)

carol-kakalungkot talaga.and it doesn't help that we are so far away, and can only read exaggerated news. i am also praying for all the soldiers. indeed, this is not the best time for all military families.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog