Friday, August 8, 2008

Olympic Fever

I've never been a sports buff my entire life. The closest I got near being athletic was crazily cheering for my favorite team at the PBA games during my college days. And yeah, that short stint at my previous employer when we were forced to play volleyball. Other than that, I stayed as far away from sports like a plague. Hehe!

So I was amazed when at the middle of this week, our HR group emailed everyone to prepare for an "Olympic Celebration" today. Huh! What was the fuss all about? I mean, Beijing is so far away, surely the Australian team won't see us cheering them on during opening day. Haha!

But early this morning, I learned that they were serious about the 'celebration'. Olympic rings were posted in all available walls in the office, with score cards of all possible games and the expected wins Australia will take home. And tv sets were being put up so that we can actually watch what is happening in Beijing. Kakatuwa! It was amusing to see everyone so excited. I was rather more interested in the food that was served. Haha!

Well let's see what happens in the coming days. For me at least, this is a good conversation starter at lunch. Hehe!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog