Thursday, March 10, 2011

On track?

A few days ago, I had one of those days where housechores just get the better of me. I was so tired from work that arriving home and realizing i have to cook dinner, feed the kids, bathe them and supervise my son with his homework then study for my exams hit me so hard, I couldn't stop my tears from falling. Pathetic, i know :) But I bet my entire life's savings (which is not much hehe) that some of you can relate.


Vince, who saw me crying while washing a mountain of dirty pots and pans, came up to me.



Vince: Mama, what's wrong?
Me: Nothing. I'm just tired.
Vince: Okay. Is there anything I can help you with?
Me: No, I'm okay. You can help me by doing your homework now.
Vince: Are you sure? I can wash the plates if you want.
Me: No, that's fine.



This time, I was already sobbing. Not anymore because I was tired, but because I was deeply touched by Vince's gesture.



I might be off-track with housechores sometimes but I'm pretty sure I'm on the right track with parenting :-)

2 comments:

charisse said...

i like your posts ruth...and i strongly agree there is nothing so rewarding with parenting...it makes us whole and forget a hard day of work...na sentimential ko pagbasa ani imo mga posts mam..makes me miss u even more..but im so glad at home na kaayo ka sa aussie mam.

Tuttie said...

hi mam! thanks for visiting my blog :) i miss you, too! medyo at home na sa Aus but i still terribly miss tubod..

on being parents, yeah, it is such a blessing maski grabe ang challenges. but it makes life so worthwhile..cheers to us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog