Monday, March 21, 2011


My youngest son, Rafa, and I share the same birth month, March, with days exactly one week apart. This year, he turned two while I turned..aaargh, never mind! I stopped counting when I turned 25 :D


We had a joint celebration last Saturday at home with about 40 adults and kids showing up despite the heavy downpour. I am moved no-end that our friends went out of their way to bring beautiful gifts for Rafa and me, delicious food for everyone and stayed with us all afternoon with a few even staying until midnight. It was a day spent catching up with friends, non-stop laughter, singing, dancing and of course, eating!

The night before, hubby and I stayed up late. Me, wrapping almost a hundred dumplings and him, making these chocolate puddings.


Chocolate pudding made by hubby.
I abhore the taste of lamb but hubby made these barbeque lamb so tasty, I swear I'm loving lamb now.


There was so much food that the guests had to take home some and we're still eating left-overs three days after :-)


Side story:

Almost 3 years after we moved to Australia, I am happy to say that it's really becoming home now. And a big part of that is the fact that we have developed our own circle of friends here. Although busy with our own lives, it's just comforting to know that there's a whole bunch of people you can call out whenever you need help. Most importantly, there are people who are sharing the countless migrant (mis)adventures with -through good and bad times.

Since my birthday last year, we have started a small tradition to pool money together for whoever is celebrating their birthday so he/she can buy something nice- something which one wouldn't ordinarily buy or can't afford to buy. Last year, most of us girls wanted fancy bags while the men bought picnic gear or branded clothes.

For my birthday this year, I chose to buy the very thing I have wanted for a long time- a diamond ring. *Insert BIG grin here* With money from my friends, matched by hubby and me, i was able to buy a decent ring with some carats in it. I am one happy celebrant not only because I have a beautiful ring, but because this is from special people in my life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog