Saturday, January 5, 2008

Goodbye 2007, Welcome 2008!

Happy New Year!

It’s been days since my last post. I have been having a hectic time attending all the parties, shuttling from one place to another and finishing up my workload for me to be able to take a long vacation from Dec 22- Jan 1.

So what have I been doing during the holidays?

We went home to be with our parents, relatives and friends for Christmas. We had a mini-reunion on Dec 23 to celebrate my uncle’s birthday at his farm. The heavy rains failed to dampen our spirits as we enjoyed food freshly harvested from his farm while dancing and singing to music from a rented videoke machine. Dec 24 was spent with my side of the family for our traditional Christmas dinner at my parent’s house. My son just loves being with his cousins and basks in the attention of the older relatives. He entertained us with nonstop dancing till 12mn to the delight of his grandparents. Dec 25 was spent with hubby’s side of the family. I am too lazy to give you a blow by blow account of our activities but I swear we had a splendid time with our loved ones.

New year was spent at the “log cabin”. It was just me, hubby and our son so for a while, we were a “normal” family with the mom and dad taking turns cooking, cleaning, doing the laundry and taking care of our son. We also played badminton, visited the mall and checked out the sights.

2007 had been a marvelous year. We have been blessed tremendously and as my way of thanking Him, I was more generous with my gifts this year. But as I have been telling hubby, the best and most precious gift we gave and received is time. With the nature of our jobs, it takes a lot of effort for us to be together but in 2007, we made the most of whatever time we had for our family. Looking back, we deposited a lot of good memories into our son’s emotional bank account.

2008 promises to be an even better year as our family braces for a new adventure. It is a bit scary to be out of our comfort zones but we are assured that things can only get better. Wonderful things are up for the taking…better, brighter days up ahead. Welcome 2008!

2 comments:

Nel said...

uy sis, unsa diay imo buhaton na mogawas man ka sa imo comfort zone? hehehehe.. il email you ha. busy kaayo ko the past days. miss you na. mwah!

Tuttie said...

kaning new job nako sis...and i whole lot of things i want to try this year...let's see ahay mauna ani..hehe

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog