Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Where was Mama?

Anak,

Mama had to be at our main office in Manila last week for a meeting with the big bosses. I would have left you at your Lolo’s place as is usually the case when I travel but with such short notice on this particular trip and your class resuming after the holidays, I was left with no choice but to ask Tita Chiq to stay with you and the yayas while I was away.

When mama left, you asked why I was bringing a huge luggage but I just told you that it contained all my papers at work. You seemed to believe that lame explanation but tita chiq told me that when you woke up the following day, you immediately asked why you are still in tita’s bed and complained that I did not transfer you to our room. The following night, you refused to sleep in tita’s room and insisted to sleep in the sala “so that mama will see me right away and move me to our room”.

I was teary-eyed when tita texted me about it. It has become harder for me to leave you now that you’re older because you already expect mama to be home at nighttime for our bedtime routine. Thankfully, the phone at our manila office is connected directly to our home phone so I called you. I did not have to worry about the bill while you babbled about the program on tv, your drawings and your food.

Mama stayed at your Ninang Ann’s place which is just about 5minutes drive from our office. I got to meet Emman who is also my inaanak. Seeing him made me miss you more because you are about the same age.

Ninang Ann was kind enough to drive me to your other Ninang Ann (hehe you have two ninang ann’s) who just lives nearby. We had so much fun talking that we did not notice it was already nearing midnight when we decided to go home. Mama had to be up early for a breakfast meeting at Dusit with my bosses.

We had a tight schedule with all the meetings that were lined up during our short stay. Mama was relieved, though, that everything turned out okay.

I just wish you and papa were with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog