Monday, December 3, 2007

I’m cheap!

This is one of those rare weekends when I just stayed at home. “Home” for the time being is the beautiful 3-bedroom, wooden house provided by our company to it’s employees. We stay here on weekdays then go down to our own house in the city most weekends. When we’re not in these two houses, we’re either joining hubby in his quarters or at my parent’s house in the province. So when you ask my son where he lives, he’d actually tell you, “house number one is_____, house number 2 is______”. Haha!

When I’m home on a sunday, I cannot miss going to the market. This is something I love doing because it actually gives me a different high to be able to haggle and get the most reasonably priced fresh veggies and fruits.

It is a blessing that the nearest market here is where you can find freshly harvested farm produce. Since we enjoy a cold climate, the veggies that thrive here are mostly those salad ingredients which are very expensive in the city. Vegetables that are in season are very cheap, sometimes the seller even gives you more than what you paid for.

Another thing I love about going to the market is that I get a warm feeling, a sense of community when I’m there. Since most residents are the families of employees, we practically know each other. It is heartwarming to see another side of your colleague, something you don’t see in the office.

Yesterday, we went home with two bagfuls of food of which I paid only half of what I usually spend in the city. To top it all off, I got two very nice blouses from the ukay-ukay at P30 each. I plan to wear the nicer one during our Christmas party.

Talk about cheap.

2 comments:

Nel said...

Love it! No wonder we are friends sis !hahaha.. Cheap is the best! hahahaha..!

Tuttie said...

hi sis!

hahaha birds of the same feather are the same birds!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog