Saturday, December 1, 2007

December 1, 2007 Full Friday

We went down to the city yesterday to join my sisters for the holiday. The day started with a visit to the parlor to have our toe nails done, then we had a sumptuous lunch and proceeded to the mall.

Having known that my December weekends will be filled with holiday activities and parties, I took advantage of the Nov 30 holiday to do some early Christmas shopping. And what a relief it was that for the very first time, I have completed about 90% of my shopping list before December!

For this year, I will be giving out books to my inaanaks. The idea came about because we have made an agreement with Vince not to buy anymore toys while there is still more than enough that he can alternately play with. Instead, we will be buying more books for him. He was amazed at the number of toys on display at the malls yesterday but I very gently but firmly reminded him of our agreement. Good thing he did not insist and just kept quiet when I said we will buy toys when he has saved enough money for it. This rule also applied to his Tita who gave Vince his Bible Stories book yesterday instead of the usual toys and clothes.

When we arrived home from the mall, a cousin from the province called to inform us that our cousin-in-law passed away three days ago and they were at one of the city’s funeral parlors for the wake. We hurriedly joined them and met more relatives, some of whom we have met for the first time. It was sad that we met under such sad circumstances. Hopefully, they can join us in the family reunion during the holidays.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog