Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Counting My Blessings

I have always been grateful for all the blessings that are coming my way. But sometimes, when the world seems to be on top of me, I tend to focus on the negative things. Yesterday, I realized these three important gifts.

1. My reliable househelps

This, I realized when I heard someone complain about not having reliable househelps to handle chores and take care of her kids. Currently, I have two househelps whom I can entrust my son with while I am in the office. I’m grateful that my son’s yaya is very kind and even goes out of her way to surprise him with toys and food despite having to share her meager salary with her family. She’s very patient with him and never tires of playing with him.

2. Company benefits

I was watching the news yesterday and saw people complaining about the rising price of electricity, water and LPG. I didn’t have to deal with this because our company-assigned house comes with free utilities. In addition, my son’s tuition is subsidized by the company and the school is directly behind our house. We never have to pay for transportation and we are assured of his safety. And to top it all off, my office is just a five-minute walk from the house, traffic/hassle free and I get to enjoy the nice view along the way.

3. White roses

Yesterday, an officemate received roses from her bf because it was their anniversary. The married ladies remarked that she should enjoy the roses because when she’s married, she’ll not be getting any. It’s a blessing that hubby still sends me white roses on special occasions. For practical reasons, it’s not anymore as often as when we were dating but it still feels great to receive roses once in a while.

These and more…enough to bring me back to my senses when I begin to focus on the negative things.

Thank you, Father, for blessing us abundantly.

1 comment:

Nel said...

Hi SiS! Thanks for leaving a msg in my chat box. Ambot unsaon nako pag activate sa comments sa homelife uy. hehehe.. Merry Christmas diay sis. Nahutdan kog load mao wa tika matext. Wow, ka sweet anang white roses uy! heheheh!!

Well, did I tell you na Novemebr pa lang set up na akong christmas tree? hehehehe... wa man gud koy laing lingaw heheheh..

sige sis. see you soon! mwah!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog