Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Weekend Get-away

We've been putting off the trip to Port Stephens for the longest time..err, lets rephrase that. I have been going against hubby's suggestion of a holiday at Port Stephens since we bought the car. You know me. I'm an accountant, I was running the costs in my head :) Ang pagkatihik!

One Saturday in May, the hubby announced we'd go for a picnic at Nelson Bay. The kids and I hopped on the car, me not realizing that Nelson Bay is a town in Port Stephens, a two and a half hour drive from where we live. I was too lazy to care, really. All I wanted was an escape from the autumn chill.

It was a good full hour into the trip when it hit me from the road signs that we were actually heading towards Port Stephens. Again, I was too lazy to complain.

Actually, I couldn't find a reason to complain.  Look at these photos :)




Vince and Gab at Nelson Bay- nice and quiet and very clean.
 
Kuya can't get enough of this outdoor shower.


Rafa wanted to swim but was having a bad cough so he played with the water fountain.



and goofed around..

An older couple waiting for the sunset.

Mum and bub playing on the sand while a few men were fishing on the dock.

the original excuse for the trip- a picnic! yummy food!
and this- beautiful sunset. i love!
It was only when we were watching the sunset when I realized we were not going back to Sydney for the night. Hubby planned for an overnight stay! Geez, and I was the only one who didn't bring extra clothes. I enjoyed myself too much so I didn't complain and just went with the plan. We grabbed some things from the shops and proceeded to our accommodation.


Admiral Nelson Motor Inn where wer stayed for the night.
After checking in, we grabbed dinner at the marina where everything happens at Nelson Bay come sunset.



We had an early start the next morning...

First stop- light house at Nelson Bay.

Installed in 1892!

1
The view from the top. Awesome!


What's a trip to Port Stephens without checking out the sand dunes.

Camels! Dubai in Australia!

Sand as far as the eyes can see.

I can't say I hate spontaneous, unplanned trips. I want more :)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog