Thursday, May 26, 2011

Oliver

Our good friend, Mike was part of the play Oliver which was running in the Red Centre Theatre at Wentworthville for three weeks in May. Mike played the role of Dr. Grimwig and also appeared in various other supporting roles throughout the play.
That's Mike in the centre with two other actors.

 I’ve always thought theatre is boring but Oliver changed it all for me. From the resulting performance, it was very evident that the cast gave it their all. The boy playing Oliver was so good, his rendition of the songs moved me to tears. And although the venue was quite small, there was a full orchestra playing and the costumes were great.


As for dear Mike, I am impressed! I was a bit surprised when he invited us to watch his play. I did not have a clue that he was into theatre. I met Mike a few months after we arrived in Sydney. I was waiting for my bus after work and was calling Noemie. Mike heard me speaking Bisaya and was too eager to meet a fellow Bisdak. We’ve been good friends since then. We are just so proud of him and looking forward to seeing more of him on stage.


We came in full force to support our dear friend :)
Ever the gracious host, Mike bought us pizza after the show which we shared while catching up with each other at the parking lot. We then all headed to Rouse Hill to get some goodies from the Pinoy store.

Great day!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog