Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Reminiscing...

Funny how some songs can transport us back to certain times in our life. In church last Sunday, the song Morning Has Broken was sung during mass. The same song was played during our JS Prom in college-don’t ask me why because I don’t understand it’s relevance to a prom until now. :P

I remember my excitement then since it was my first prom-we didn’t have that in high school. And, I had a funny feeling that I’d get to dance with my crush. :P No, I am not referring to A. Although I had a serious crush with him in college, he was crashed out from the list a few days before the prom because he started courting my friend. Haha! It was actually another guy who was dropping hints that he was interested in courting me.

That night, I was part of the prom committee and I was glad things were turning out well. I was all smiles during the actual junior-senior hand over ceremony as my crush was supposed to be my partner. But by a fateful turn of events, I was suddenly face to face with A onstage. The next thing I knew, he was handing me a red rose and the official photographer was telling us to stay closer together. Then there was the blinding flash of the camera and then I remember A holding my hand and leading me down the stage.

I did get to dance with my crush before the night ended. And A asked me to dance, too. But it was A who walked me and friends home.

Our love story didn’t kick off that night, though. It took 5 years of friendship before we realized that we actually loved each other.

Last Sunday, I asked A if he remembered our prom night and his answer was “siempre!” But he still insists I wasn’t his crush then. Grrrr! :)


I still have our JS prom photo, now safely tucked in our wedding album- a reminder that we cannot really tell what the future holds for us. As it turns out, that little photo would be the first of thousands more to be taken of us together. For A though, it was a reminder of how bad his hair was back in college. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog