Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Sariwa

My apologies for the lame title. Hehe

One good thing about Australia is the abundance of fresh food everywhere. In the groceries, maglalaway ka sa rows and rows of fresh fruits, veggies and meat. I am now able to meet face to face all the food that I only get to read about in books and magazines. I relish going through the shelves one by one to memorize the names and sometimes, if the budget permits, we sample the new things we find.

One of my favorite fruits is grapes and boy, how I love the seedless grapes here. I can even finish a kilo all by myself! Nahubog na gani ko ug kinaon Hehe! Although we are miles away from the Phils, we still get to eat Pinoy food--kare2, pinakbet, chicken/pork adobo, tilapia..name it, Australia has it! Some items come in weird sizes though. Like the small and irregular shaped squash, the giant eggplants and pepper to name a few.

Sometimes, when we get a little sentimental, we go to the nearby Filipino store to get a quick fix from our favorite chicharon, sardines, pandesal or the instant noodle brands that we have grown accustomed to.

The other night, we passed by the fresh food market and bought a cartful of fruits and veggies. I was amused to see the loaded cart make it's way to our unit's doorstep. Yeah, you can actually bring the pushcarts to your home! Hubby made fresh fruit salad, pinoy style. He just had to put strawberries on top for aesthetics.


Yummy, eh?

2 comments:

Nel said...

UY kalami ani sis uy! hehehe panghatag beh!! hehehehe

Tuttie said...

ali diri sis! hehehe

i still can't leave a comment in your blog. unsa man na oi?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog