Thursday, February 28, 2008

Post-mortem and a short visit

The ABC committee went down to the city yesterday for a celebratory lunch and post-mortem of the activity last weekend. The bosses were happy with the success of the event so the same group was tasked to handle the next ABC. And they asked me to emcee again. Ha! I just smiled and said, “let’s see…”

It was also the bday of Ma’am Linda, a committee member so we ate a yummy moist choco cake and banana split. Very bad for the diet. The meeting ended at half past two but no one wanted to leave, yet, maximizing time with the group. The setting was actually perfect. We were under a white tent in the middle of a beautiful garden and the cool breeze from the beach just a few meters away was lulling us to sleep after a very heavy lunch of crispy pata, fish kinilaw, vegetables and grilled fish.

This is another one of those things I will miss.

0 – 0 – 0 – 0 – 0

My sisters, my son and I went home to visit our parents last weekend. The trip was strenuous considering that I barely had sleep after the ABC but it was well worth it. My parents were very happy to see their apo and I got to spend time with Joy and Ellen, my college friends. We tried out the new restaurant which is quiet a rare development in our sleepy little town.

My Mama, as usual, prepared sumptuous meals. One of the things we love doing as a family is our discussions during and after meal times. Meals usually last for an hour or two amidst lively or serious talk about anything under the sun. Before we know it, it is again time to prepare the next meal of the day. Hehe.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog