Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Last Hurrah

Last Saturday was our company’s annual business conference - a gathering of more than 200 supervisors, managers, senior managers and top level executives to discuss previous year’s results and current year targets. The activity started with the business proper from 7:30 am to mid-afternoon where each senior manager presented the updates from his/her dept. Then the team building games from 2:30 – 5:30pm where various games were played. I joined the juice drinking contest. Haha And then there was a fellowship party from 6-11pm where there was a live band and various prizes were raffled off.

This year’s ABC was memorable for me because I was tasked to be one of the emcees for the business proper. A lot of work went into the preparations and there were even last minute squabbles among committee members over very petty things as a result of too much pressure to do everything right. Friday was tough because they were relentlessly calling me for last minute program changes while I was cramming to submit my financial reports for the board meeting. I had to remind myself to stay calm and patient. Afterall, this will be my last ABC and I am not letting anything ruin my memories of it.

Yeah, my last ABC because in a few months, I will be resigning to try out other opportunities. I will be saying goodbye to all the wonderful people who have become my family for the last 10 years. I will be leaving our pretty little staff house and this picturesque community. (Too bad I didn’t have time to master volleyball. Hehe!)

During the party that night, I was on the dance floor whenever the band played. I relished watching my colleagues having a grand time, exchanging jokes, singing and dancing, grateful for the disco lights that hid the tears rolling down my cheeks. I am definitely going to miss all of these people and I fear I might not be able to meet a bunch who’s half as warm and fun-loving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog