Thursday, November 29, 2007

Puto

As I write this, I am in the office, counting the hours until I can join my family who are enjoying their siesta at home. Work, as usual has been very demanding but the more I am loaded with tasks, the more I am tempted to do other things…like surfing the net, blog-hopping and yes, creating this site which could probably put me in trouble later. Ha! Ha!

There’s one cooking blog that I am frequenting and today, it inspired me to make Puto! I texted my sister to get me flour and baking powder from the city because unfortunately for me, that’s not available where I am living at the moment. Even if it is, the price would expectedly be as high as the elevation of our pretty little community. Hehe!

Last year, when we moved up here, I had so much spare time after I knock off from work at 4:30pm. There are no malls around here (yeah, there are still such rare places!) so I turned to gardening which is one of my passions. I toiled early mornings, afternoons, weekends planting around our home but rainy season came and I had to temporarily shelve my gardening sessions. Then summer came and everything dried up including my interest in plants. So I figured, why not go into business selling Putopao which my aunt taught me a few years back. Mama lent me her huge steamer and gave me colorful plastic containers to set me off. But by a sudden twist of fate, my boss passed away and I had to say goodbye to all that extra time at home.

Today, though, I decided I am going to finally make puto. I am making this happen! Wish me luck! Lots of it.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog