Thursday, November 29, 2007

Letter to Vince

This is a letter I wrote to my son a few days ago. He just turned four and is still trying to learn his ABC’s…

Dear Vince,

A few days ago, Mama discovered two strands of white hair conspicuously sitting behind black hair. Uh-uh! This must be the result of too much stress at work. It’s been crazily busy at the office with the demise of our boss. On top of that, I have accepted a bookkeeping job to augment our income. I’ve been sleeping late, way beyond my sleeping time and you have been complaining already.

Two days ago, you said: “Mama, sige lang ka work, Sige lang, tagaan taka money ha? (Mama, you’re always working Don’t worry, I’ll give you money)” Then you gave me P3.00 from your pocket.

The next day, I gave you back the money but you said “imo naman na, hatag nako nimo.(That’s yours, I gave it to you.)”

When I said goodbye before going to the office you said “mama, ngano man ka mag-work nga gitagaan naman taka ug money? (Mama, why are you working? I gave you money already.)”

Mama replied “ Vince, even if we have money, mama still has to work. Pag-big na ka, magwork man pod ka. (When you’re bigger, you’ll be working, too)”

I wanted to cry but you hugged me and let out your usual hearty laugh. That must have been your way of assuring me that you understood.

Thank you, Lord for my precious little Vince.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog