Thursday, November 29, 2007

Hugs and Kisses

Lately, my son and I have been following a heartwarming morning ritual before I leave for the office.

From whatever corner he is in our home, he’d shout “kiss, kiss, hug, hug” when he’d notice that I am about to leave for work. He will then run to give me PLENTY of kisses all over my face and give me a dozen very tight hugs. Then he will demand that I give him the same. He calls it my “baon” to work, and I call it his “baon” to school.

It has been like this every morning except when I have to attend the 4am Monday operations meeting at the office. All hell breaks loose when he wakes up without me by his side. No amount of cajoling on the phone will appease him. It breaks my heart to hear him cry. And as soon as he sees me enter the door at lunchtime, he will demand an explanation why I left without giving him “baon”.

I live for these morning rituals. I am cherishing these precious moments for very soon, he will outgrow this. God only knows if he will still want us to kiss him when he turns a year older.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog