Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grateful

The recent heartbreaking development in a friend's life and the tragedy in Haiti, has made me stop a moment to count my blessings.

And so I thank God for:

- a roof above our heads despite the staggering monthly costs

- food on the table and a husband who loves to cook

- a choice of clean and hot/cold water right in the comfort of our kitchen/bathroom sinks, grateful that we never have to walk far and lug heavy bottles of water.

-the seemingly endless pile of laundry that needs to be folded and ironed for it means I have clothes to cover unsightly fats and scars. Pano nalang if I live in a place and time where everybody needs to wear g-strings? Everyday would have been torture! :P

-family and friends scattered all over the world, specially my papa, mama and sisters
-the love of a husband who has kept his commitment to our marriage despite and inspite of all the hardships…hmn..actually he doesn't have much of a choice :-)

-the adoration of two little boys who think I am the best mum in the world. One even thinks I am the best chef and has given my cooking a perfect 10 rating! :-)

-for a thankless job that continues to pay the bills

-for priceless hugs, kisses and i-love-you's from my 3 boys, concrete reminders that the best things in life are free…uhmn, if you don't count the cost of diapers and milk :)

I don't rejoice in the misfortune of others but somehow, it never fails to remind me that although I have difficult days, I actually have everything that matters.

1 comment:

Nel said...

I so agree with you sis! Exactly! Priceless gyud ang time with our family-- with our boys! hehehe..:) Mao gani gusto na namo mo balik sa manila para kuyog na pud mi pirmi hahaha...:) Miss you sis. Regards to your boys.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog