Saturday, March 7, 2009

Not Just Another Bday

The last set of visitors have just left and i am taking advantage of this time to update my blog which i have neglected for a while.


I had initially told hubby that we would forego with the party this year since we are saving up for the coming baby and I did not want to stress myself with the preparations. But he insisted, saying I should be looking at it as a thanksgiving party for all the blessings of the past year. He promised to take care of everything so he and my sis along with our friend got themselves busy since yesterday baking and cooking some of the food in advance.

At dawn, i woke up to see hubby still busy in the kitchen and he greeted me with a hug and a kiss. And when i woke up today, the little one pulled out his gift, a lotion which supposedly prevents stretch marks! :) Apparently, he saw this thing at the store and since it had a photo of a pregnant woman on the bottle, he told my sister, "this is really a nice gift for mama." He kept telling my sister about the gift everyday until she decided to buy it for him. Ain't i blessed to have a thoughtful little guy?

When we came here, i was dismayed to see that flowers are too expensive. So i told hubby not to buy me any more flowers on special ocassions. But today, i got a very beautiful bunch of white flowers from him. I was going to ask how much it was and was about to nag him about our targeted savings but when i saw him anticipating a delighted reaction, i decided to just relish his thoughtfulness. I should really be thankful, kalimutan na muna ang savings : )

Our close friends here joined us for lunch at home and we spent the whole afternoon enjoying the sumptous food and exchanging stories. Our college professor also came which i really appreciate very much because she lives at the other side of the city.

I thought last year was the best bday i would ever have...but today's celebration was even better. Because all that i have prayed for last year have finally been granted. Hubby was right. This called for a celebration! :-)












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Belated greetings Tuttie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog