Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Update…


I finally had the chance to talk to my boss last Monday, Mar 31. I informed him about my planned resignation date but he said I should think it over kasi sayang ang promotion. The evaluation papers are afterall already with HR and only needs the approval of the president for it to be official.

I had prepared my argument for this beforehand but did not have the heart to tell him right then that the decision was final. He's been busy the past few days and the resignation must have been the last thing he wanted to hear.

Tuesday, I again went up to him and this time with the resignation letter in hand. We had a very long talk after that. I just feel sad that I have caused so much trouble for him and my previous boss as they are now racking their brains to find a replacement.

Today, I had my clearances signed which naturally divulged my plans as my papers hopped from one department to another. Word spread like wildfire. In seconds, all three locations (branches) of our company knew about it. I got emails and phone calls left and right. Hehe

I have long envisioned this day to be a happy and liberating one. However, it turned out sad and depressing. My colleagues were very happy and congratulated me for this big, bold move. It was an effort to smile because I am starting to miss them already.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog