Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kite-flying

Dear Anak,

After weeks of spending long hours in the office, Mama decided to come home early yesterday. It was a lovely afternoon, with the wind blowing hard and the sky so blue. I took my time walking home, waving, smiling and exchanging pleasantries with neighbors who were also out on their lawns. I guess everybody was just relieved that the sun was finally out.

Earlier this week, I had asked Manong Ben and his son, Dennis, to help us clean up because the grass grew fast during the rainy season. It was a joy to come home to a freshly -mowed lawn and newly trimmed shrubs. Again, i took my sweet time taking in the clean surroundings and fussing over the flowers.

Yaya told me that you had earlier played with our neighbors and had just taken your dinner and finished your bath. But I insisted that we go outside to enjoy what remained of the beautiful afternoon. You happily obliged naman and asked if I wanted to play with the kite Yaya made for you. The strong winds propelled the kite as high as the string will allow while we ran around the house laughing our bellies out.

It was already after sunset when we stopped playing, exhausted but happy.

Thank you, Vince for that wonderful afternoon. It was the best way to cap a very stressful week. Indeed, the best things in life are free.

1 comment:

Nel said...

wow ka sweet ana sis uy!
i would look forward to that day when Il fly kites with jj! hehehe.. thanks for the inspiration sis! mwah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog